Valley Community Broadcasting, known as Valley 104.9 FM, is a volunteer-based community Low Power FM (LPFM) radio station providing programming content for Duvall, Carnation, and Redmond Ridge residing in the lower Snoqualmie valley. Valley 104.9 strives to provide a mix of music, talk, news, local culture, agricultural, educational, fine arts, and specialty programming. As a 501(c3) nonprofit organization, Valley Community Broadcasting is managed by a board of directors and many local volunteers.
Valley Community Broadcasting volunteers meet second, third, and fourth Thursdays each month from 7pm – 9pm at the Sno-Valley Senior Center in Carnation as follows:
- Board meeting – Third Thursday of month
- Workshops – Second and Fourth Thursdays
Our Mission Statement
Valley Community Broadcasting’s, known as Valley 104.9, mission is to be an enjoyable and reliable source of entertainment, information, and community programming for Duvall, Carnation, and Redmond Ridge.
Valley 104.9 is volunteer-based and community supported, with core values of:
- Volunteer-based and listener supported
- Fostering, enabling and respecting inclusion, individuality, diverse views and conversations
- Being transparent and having uncompromising integrity in our operations
- Operating in an environment that inspires personal fun and facilitates joy
What is Low Power FM?
Low Power FM (LPFM) stations are broadcast entities licensed by the FCC and are non-commercial, non-profit community-based organizations. Since media corporations are concentrating broadcast power in fewer and fewer hands, we feel the future of independent radio serving local communities lies with LPFMs, such as KAPY, Valley 104.9, and Valley Community Broadcasting.